Porting a full PC game to the mobile platform is a difficult thing to do considering all the different ways in which PC gaming is more advanced. That being said, it's not an impossible mission and many games have successful Android ports. Let's see if the same holds up for this first-person horror game!
Hello Neighbor is a horror mobile game divided into several chapters with a mysterious storyline and a tense atmosphere. You are playing as a child trying to figure out what on Earth has your neighbor hidden in his basement. The neighbor is quite paranoid and he appears when you don't expect him and chases you through the house.
The design of the game is purely cartoonish but the graphics quality is not that good, which makes us wonder why the game isn't available for most mid-tier smartphones. The character is controlled by a joystick which appears where you press the screen on the left side. It's very difficult to move properly, especially when you are being chased by the fast and scary Neighbor.
Other buttons used for environment interaction are also small and it's difficult to press them in intense situations. When it comes to the gameplay, the game is just unfriendly. There are no clues or instructions whatsoever and you often don't have any idea what to do.
Even though many gamers think of it as a mental challenge, the fact is that resolving these puzzles is more likely to annoy you and leave you thinking 'That was IT?!'. The Neighbor also appears at the most inconvenient time, preventing you from enjoying the game's core idea.
Still, we love the tense atmosphere the game creates with its cartoonish design. The first chapter of the game is free to play, but we think it's more than enough to make you realize there are much better games you could purchase or play for free.
• A tense horror game despite its cartoonish design
• The first chapter is available for free
• The game's concept is original and interesting
• Game controls are next to impossible to master
• Graphics quality is simply unacceptable for a cartoonish mobile game of this size
• Puzzles are illogical and way too challenging
• Constant Neighbor interruptions prevent you from resolving the puzzles
• Escaping the Neighbor is difficult with the available controls